Registered Voters may each cast one vote for their preferred candidate in National Assembly and Local Government elections on polling day. The date, locations and hours for the polls in each electoral district will be published by the district Returning Officers after nominations have closed. Each notice will also include the names, symbols and voting colours of the candidates for the district, as well as list the persons entitled to vote at each polling station.
Citizens of Botswana, 18 years or above who hold a valid voters registration card.
- Voters wishing to cast their vote must present themselves before the polling officer at a polling station in their electoral district on polling day, during the hours of 06:30 to 19:00.
- Present your valid voter registration card and Valid National Identity Card (Omang) to the Presiding Officer.
- Having satisfied the Presiding Officer with qualifications, the voter will be provided with a ballot paper and guided through the voting procedure.
- Valid Voter Registration Card
- Valid National Identity Card (Omang)
This process can be completed within five minutes of receiving a ballot at the polling station.
There is no fee for this service.
Please contact the office listed below:
Independent Electoral Commission
Private Bag 00284
Phone: (+267) 361 2400
Toll free No: 0800 600 710
Fax: (+267) 3900581/3905205/3190889
Facebook: IEC Botswana
Email: iec_info [at] gov.bw
Opening hours: 06:30 to 19:00 on Polling day.
Additional information can also be obtained in the Electoral Act.