A candidate, polling agent or voter may object to another voter at the polls on the following grounds:
- They believe the voter is not the voter named on the Voter Registration Card;
- They believe the voter has voted before in the same election; or
- They believe that the voter is disqualified from voting in the election.
Citizens of Botswana, 18 years or above who hold a valid voters’ registration card.
- Complete Form Q (Objection to Voter) before a presiding election officer at the poll. This declaration is made under oath.
- If the voter does not respond to the objection by making a written declaration using Form R, the presiding election officer will either:
- Not issue a ballot to that person.
- If a ballot was already issued, but the voter has not yet entered the polling booth, the officer will impound and cancel the ballot paper.
- If a ballot was already issued and the voter has already cast the ballot, the presiding elections officer will make a notation on the election roll sating, "protested against under section 57".
- Voter Registration Card
- Form Q – (Objection to Voter)
Within 10 minutes of application at the poll.
There is no fee for this service.
Please contact the office listed below.
Independent Electoral Commission
Private Bag 00284
Phone: (+267) 361 2400
Toll free No: 0800 600 710
Fax: (+267) 3900581/3905205/3190889
Website: www.iec.gov.bw ,
Facebook: IEC Botswana
Email: iec_info [at] gov.bw
Opening hours: 06:30 to 19:00 on Polling day.
Additional information can also be obtained in the Electoral Act.