Any person who is a registered voter at one polling station and would like to transfer their registration to another polling station may apply to have their registration transferred. A transfer cannot take place when a vacancy has occurred in the polling district the individual wishes to be transferred to.
Citizens of Botswana, 18 years or above who hold a valid voters registration card.
- A voter who wishes to transfer their registration of polling stations must bring their current Voter’s Registration Card to a Registration Officer in the constituency in which the new polling station is located.
- The registration officer will assess the voter’s eligibility to transfer polling stations based on place of residence and reasons advanced.
- If the voter is eligible to transfer, he/she must surrender their existing Voter’s Registration Card.
- The voter will then complete a Registration Transfer Card (Form J)
- The voter will be issued a new Voter’s Registration Card for the new polling station.
- The voter’s name will be deleted from the roll of his former constituency and added to the roll of the new constituency.
If the transfer is not allowed, the voter will receive a Notice of Rejection (Form K) which can then be appealed.
Voter Registration Card (Form B).
Approximately two weeks from the time the voter visits the Registration Officer in the new constituency.
There is no fee for this service.
Please contact the office listed below.
Independent Electoral Commission
Private Bag 00284
Phone: (+267) 361 2400
Fax: (+267) 3900581/3905205/3190889
Facebook: IEC Botswana
Email: iec_info [at] gov.bw (iec_info[at]gov[dot]bw)
Opening hours: 07:30 to 12:45 and 13:45 to 16:30 Monday to Friday, except weekends and public holidays.
Additional information can also be obtained in the Electoral Act.