An applicant whose application to transfer to another polling station has been rejected by the Registration Officer may appeal to the Principal Registration Officer for the constituency.
Registered voter whose application to transfer registration to another polling station has been rejected.
In order to launch an appeal, follow the steps below:
- Complete the lower portion of the Notice of Rejection (Form K) which was provided by the Registration Officer when the application was rejected.
- Within seven (7) days after the rejection of the application, deliver the completed Form K together with a deposit of BWP 10.00 to the Principal Registration Officer for the appropriate constituency.
- The Principal Registration Officer will arrange for the appeal to be heard by a Magistrate and will notify you of the date and location for the hearing. The decision of the Magistrate is final and cannot be appealed further.
- If the appeal is successful, you will be registered as a voter in the polling station named in your appeal provided the transfer window is still open.
- You will receive a Voter’s Registration Card (Form B) for the new polling station.
- You will receive a refund of the BWP 10.00 deposit. Should the appeal not be successful, the BWP 10.00 deposit will not be refunded.
- Notice of Rejection - Form K (provided by the Registration Officer when applications are rejected)
- Voter’s Registration Card (Form B) for original polling station
- National Identification Card (Omang)
Two (2) weeks.
BWP 10.00, payable in cash only.
Please contact the office listed below:
Independent Electoral Commission
Private Bag 00284
Phone: (+267) 361 2400
Toll free No: 0800 600 710
Fax: (+267) 3900581/3905205/3190889
Website: www.iec.gov.bw ,
Facebook: IEC Botswana
Email: iec_info [at] gov.bw ()
Opening hours: 07:30 to 12:45 and 13:45 to 16:30 Monday to Friday, except public holidays.
Additional information can also be obtained in the Electoral Act.