Skip to main content

Emergency assistance


Provision of support services to Batswana abroad who are in distress. This includes facilitating contact with their families and friends. 

Who is eligible?
  • Citizens of Botswana.
  • Foreign national with permanent residency (under special circumstances).
  • Foreign nationals with valid work permit (under special circumstances).
How do I get this service?
  • Contact the nearest Botswana Embassy, High Commission or Honorary Consul and request to speak with the Consular Officer.
  • Explain your situation and give contact details of family or friends.
  • In a case where Botswana does not have an Embassy or High Commission in that country the Office of the Honorary Consul of Botswana in that region may be approached to assist.
What supporting documents are required?
  • National Identification card (Omang)
  • Permanent Residency permit
  • Valid Work permit
  • Valid passport
How long will this service take?

Immediate but dependent on proximity of the nearest Botswana Mission.

How much does it cost?

The cost is dependent on the situation:

  • In-service trainees and students will be transported at the cost of Government.
  • In rescue situations, where flights are possible, nationals will need to arrange for relatives and friends to provide air fares.
Where can I get more information on this Service

Ministry Head Quarters, or the nearest Botswana Embassy, High Commission or Honorary Consul. (link to page listing Missions and their contact numbers)

Ministry of International Affairs and Cooperation
Private Bag 00368 
Government Enclave
Tel. (+267) 3600700
Fax. (+267) 3973067
Email. miacprotocol [at] (miacprotocol[at]gov[dot]bw) 

Tel: (+267) 3600744
Fax: (+267) 3974516
Cellular phone:  (+267) 72 376 603

Opening hours: 07:30 to 12:45 and 13:45 to 16:30, Monday to Friday, except public holidays

Give Us Feedback