This visa is issued to business people who regularly visit Botswana as directors of companies based in the country. It is also issued to individuals who have investment projects in Botswana. The visa authorizes the holder to enter Botswana for investment purposes for a period of up to five (5) years.
All foreigners who require visas to enter Botswana are eligible for this service.
- Any immigration office (contact information listed below), Botswana embassy or consulate to fill and submit Form 1 (Application for Visa) in person.
- Submit the required documents (listed below) with the application form.
- Check the outcome of your application from the office where the application was submitted after seven (7) working days.
- An approval/rejection letter is sent to the office where the application was made.
- If the Visa application is approved, it will be printed at that office where the application was made or if not printed the applicant can travel with the approval letter as proof of a Visa to Botswana and the Visa will be printed at the Airport/Immigration Ports of Entry.
The following documents are required to be submitted with the application form:
- Certified copy of page 1 and 2 of passport showing validity period not less than six months.
- Two recent coloured passport size photos.
- Covering letter indicating reasons for visit.
- Flight itinerary and accommodation bookings or residential address in Botswana.
- A re-entry permit to the country where the applicant is ordinarily resident if such a permit is required by that country.
- Certificate of incorporation.
- Share Certificate.
- Trading license.
- Schedule of meetings or activities to be undertaken during visit.
- Business (in other countries) and personal bank statements.
It takes seven (7) to fourteen (14) days.
The costs associated with this service are as follows:
- Multiple entry – for a period of up to six (6) months BWP1,000.00 (US$100);
- Multiple entry – for a period up to six (6) months to five (5) years BWP 2,500.00 (US$(250.00)
All Regional Immigration Offices, District Immigration Offices and Missions Abroad.
Department of Immigration and Citizenship
Ministry of Nationality, Immigration and Gender Affairs
Tel. (+267) 361 1300
Toll Free. 0800 600 777
Opening hours: 7:30 to 12:45, and 13:45 to 16:30, Monday to Friday, except public holidays.