The employment visa is issued to individuals who wish to travel to Botswana for purposes of employment, internship, research, work, or voluntary services. This visa is issued with a validity period of six months and is extendable with justification.
All foreigners who require visas to enter Botswana are eligible for this service.
- Go to any immigration office (contact information listed below), Botswana embassy or consulate to fill and submit Form 1 (Application for Visa in person.
- Submit the required documents (listed below) with the application form.
- Check the outcome of your application from the office where the application was submitted after seven (7) working days.
- An approval/rejection letter is sent to the office where the application was made.
- If the Visa application is approved, it will be printed at that office where the application was made or if not printed the applicant can travels with the approval letter as proof of a Visa to Botswana and the Visa will printed at the Airport/Immigration Ports of Entry.
The following documents are required to be submitted with the application form, where applicable:
- Certified copy of page 1 and 2 of passport showing validity period not less than six (6) months.
- Two (2) recent coloured passport size photos.
- Covering letter indicating reasons for visit.
- Flight itinerary and accommodation bookings or residential address in Botswana.
- A re-entry permit to the country where the applicant is ordinarily resident if such a permit is required by that country.
- Waiver from Department of Labour.
- Employment contract or confirmation letter of employment if applicable.
- Offer letter of volunteer position if applicable.
- Proof of financial means of support for volunteers if applicable.
- For extension of a valid visa - a letter of justification and a copy of previously issued visa.
It takes 7-14 working days.
The cost associated with this service is as follows:
- Single entry- for a period up to 3 months BWP500.00(US $50)
- Multiple entry- for a period up to 3 months BWP 1, 000.00(US$100)
- Multiple entry – for a period of up to six months BWP 1,500.00(US$150)
All Regional Immigration Offices, District Immigration Offices and Missions Abroad.
Department of Immigration and Citizenship
Ministry of Nationality, Immigration and Gender Affairs
Tel. (+267) 361 1300
Toll Free. 0800 600 777
Opening hours: 7:30 to 12:45, and 13:45 to 16:30, Monday to Friday, except public holidays.