Vehicle registration in the Government vehicle registration system, to facilitate issuance of registration book and vehicle licence disk .
Citizens and residents who own a vehicle.
- Download and complete Vehicle Registration Form(RV 1) form, then attach clearance form from Botswana Police Service and BURS.
- If applicant is registering a vehicle that is more than three years and above (from the year of manufacture), it must have passed a roadworthiness test. All vehicles must have customs clearance too.
- Pay prescribed fee as per the vehicle weight including a levy of BWP50.00.
- It is mandantory for vehicle licence to be renewed annually, ideally 3 months before expiry.
- Valid applicable identity.
- Police Clearance Certificate.
- Required fee as per vehicle weight.
- Note: Road worthiness test is compulsory for vehicles three years and above (from the year of manufacture).
- Customs clearance.
As per the pricing schedule for Vehicle Registration and Licencing (see gazetted fees).
Department of Road Transport and Safety Offices around the country.
Opening hours are from 07:30 to 16:30, Monday to Friday, except public holidays.
Department of Road Transport and Safety
Public Relations Office
Botswana Savings Bank Building
Private Bag 0054
Tel. (267) 368-8600
Email: mtcpro [at] gov.bw