Skip to main content

Axle load control (exemption certification)


Issuing of certificates for abnormal loads .

Who is eligible?

Transporters with loads that qualify as abnormal.

How do I get this service?
  • Download and complete weighbridge application form. The form is also available at all weighbridges across the country.
  • Submit application form to the nearest Department of Roads Office or weigh bridge depot
  • Pay prescribed fee
  • issuance of permit 
What supporting documents are required?
  • Applicable identity.
  • Details of load and dimensions of the truck 
  • Route clearance report for super loads. 
How long will this service take?

One (1) day.

How much does it cost?

Pay as per the pricing schedule.

Where can I obtain this service?

Roads Department Headquarters ,Western Bypass next to Wimpy

Francistown Weighbridge, along Airport road.

Where can I get more information on this Service

Public Relations Office

Department of Roads
West Gate Mall 
Unit No. 28, Western Bypass 
Tel. (267) 361-2000 
Fax.(267) 390-7236 
E-mail: mtcpro [at]  

Give Us Feedback