- These permits are issued for goods and passenger vehicles registered locally and its validity period can be 1 month, 3 months and 12 months.
- For Botswana vehicles intending to enter Zimbabwe, the permit is also endorsed at no extra cost.
- Non-citizens with locally registered vehicles.
- Download and complete Form RTS 1 - Application for Initial Grand or Amendment or Renewal of Road Transport Permit and submit along with supporting documents to the Registration and Licensing officer at any permit-issuing Department of Road Transport and Safety office for approval.
- Pay the required fees. It is at this point that the permit is issued.
The following documents are required:
- Copy of vehicle registration document (Blue Book).
- Copy of valid vehicle roadworthiness certificate.
- Copy of valid vehicle permit.
- Applicable valid identity document.
- 1 month :BWP260.00
- 6 months :BWP520.00
- 12 months :BWP1690.00
All fees are inclusive of the BWP130.00 application fee.
Department of Road Transport and Safety Offices - Permit issuing offices
- Gaborone Old Supplies Office
- Selebi Phikwe
Department of Road Transport and Safety
Botswana Savings Bank
Private Bag 0054
Fax: 267 3914338
Opening hours are from 07:30Hrs to 16:30Hrs
Monday -Friday except holidays