It is a transit single trip permit used to convey goods on transit through the country also issued at the border.
Foreign registered vehicles on transit.
- Download and complete Form RTS 1 - Application for Initial Grand or Amendment or Renewal of Road Transport Permit and submit along with supporting documents to the Registration and Licensing officer at any permit-issuing Department of Road Transport and Safety office for approval.
- Pay the prescribed to the Registration and licensing officer.
- Copy of vehicle registration book
- Valid vehicle roadworthiness certificate
- Valid permit from country of origin
- Consignment Note
39 working days.
Department of Road Transport and Safety Offices - Permit issuing offices
- Gaborone Old Supplies Office
- Selebi Phikwe
Opening hours are from 07:30 to 16:30, Monday to Friday, except public holidays.
Department of Road Transport and Safety
Tshomarelo House Botswana Savings Bank Building
Private Bag 0054 Gaborone Botswana
Tel. (267) 368-8600
Fax. (267) 3914338
Email. mtcpro [at] gov.bw