This service is intended for citizens and citizen-owned companies wishing to operate a driving school.
Who is eligible?
- Citizen owned companies
How do I get this service?
- Download and submit application form for Driving School Permit along with supporting documents to Driving School academy. Application forms are also available at the enquiries desk at the Department of Road Transport and Safety Offices across the country.
What supporting documents are required?
- Certified copy of valid national ID card of applicant and/or owner (Omang for citizens).
- Accreditation Certificate of driving school (issued by local Accreditation Authority) and programme.
- Certified copy of Company Registration Certificate (issued by Registrar of Companies).
- A resolution from board of Directors, where the applicant is a company.
- Consent of the Majority of the Partners, where the applicant is a Partnership.
- Road Worthiness Certificate(s) of Training Vehicle(s).
- Inspection report by local authority.
- List of certified and accredited driving school instructors.
How long will this service take?
How much does it cost?
- Driving school permit application - BWP 390.00.
- Renewal of driving school permit –BWP 260.00
Where can I obtain this service?
Driving School Academy
Department of Road Transport and Safety
Tshomarelo House Botswana Savings Bank Building