An Annual Transit Permit is a permit used to convey goods and passengers, usually awarded to foreign registered vehicles which will be operating on transit through the country for a period exceeding 90 days.
Foreign registered vehicles in transit.
- Download and complete Form RTS 1 - Application for Initial Grand or Amendment or Renewal of Road Transport Permit and submit along with supporting documents to the Registration and Licensing officer at any permit-issuing in the Department of Road Transport and Safety office for approval. Application forms are also available at the enquiries desk in all the Department of Road Transport and Safety offices.
- Pay the prescribed fee.
- Copy of vehicle registration book
- Valid vehicle roadworthiness certificate
- Valid permit from country of origin
- Consignment Note
- Copy of business proposal (for new applicants)
Please refer to the pricing schedule. Cost specified in the pricing schedule and will be determined by the vehicle weight and capacity.
Department of Road Transport and Safety Offices - Permit issuing offices
- Gaborone Old Supplies Office
- Selebi Phikwe
Opening hours are from 07:30 to 16:30, Monday to Friday, except public holidays.