Commercial farmers who cultivate over 150Ha and use large sophisticated machinery and implements can access the following assistance from government:
- A 30% subsidy on the cost of hybrid or open pollinated varieties of seeds up to maximum of 500 Ha.
- Farmers will be assisted with 30% subsidy on the cost of fertilizer up to a maximum of 500 Ha for the following fertilizer treatments; liming, basal or top dressing.
- Farmers will be assisted with 30% subsidy on the cost of herbicides to control weeds up to a maximum of 500 Ha for either of the following operations; pre-emergence, post emergence or control of difficult weeds such as Cynodon dactylon, mokhure etc.
- Seed is provided for varieties of major grain and fodder crops, sorghum, maize and cowpeas only.
- The amount of seed issued to farmers will depend on availability, and suitability to the farming areas.
This assistance is available through the Integrated Support Programme for Arable Agriculture Development (ISPAAD).
- Applicants must be aged 18 years and above
- Citizens must have a valid National Identity Card (Omang)
- Foreigners must have valid Residence and Work Permits.
- Be able to demonstrate to the Extension staff that they own fields or have the consent of the owners to use such fields.
- Must have proof of land accessibility (duly allocated or leased)
- Fill and submit Permission to Purchase Fertilizers / Open Pollinated Seed / Hybrid Seeds/Herbicides, under ISPAAD form to the nearest District Crop Production Office (DCPO) for processing.
- After processing, the DCPO will contact the applicant in writing concerning the outcome of his application.
- Certified copy of a valid National Identity Card (Omang) or residence and work permits.
- Certified copy of Landboard Certificate or Lease Agreement.
- Quotations for items required.
One (1) day from the date of initial application.
Applicants are provided with a 30% government subsidy on seeds, fertilizers and herbicides.
Department of Crop Production
Ministry of Agricultural Development and Food Security Headquarters
Plot 4701 Mmaraka Road
Private Bag 00435
Tel. (+267) 3689305
E-mail: dcp [at] gov.bw
Email. moa17755 [at] gov.bw
Opening hours: 07:30 to 12:45 and 13:45 to 16:30, Monday to Friday except, public holidays.