Individual farmers can apply for assistance through the Integrated Support Programme for Arable Agriculture Development (ISPAAD). A 50% subsidy on the cost of fencing material up to a maximum of BW P70,000 is paid by Government. Farmers can apply for assistance to fence a newly established farm or to strengthen an already existing fence. This is done after thorough assessment of the existing field.
- Citizens and non-citizens aged 18 years and above
- Applicants should have access to land (proof of ownership or leasehold). In case of leasehold, the lease period should not be less than 50 years.
- Submit the relevant supporting documents (field Land Board Certificate or lease) to the nearest District Crop Production office.
- The Extension Officer shall calculate the field perimeter and prepare the Bill of Quantities for fencing materials.
- The farmer shall be given the Bill of Quantities to go and request five quotations.
- The Extension Officer will then complete the Application for ISPAAD Individual Fencing Form.
- Extension Officer shall submit the application along with supporting documents to Sub District Crop Production Officer (SDCPO) for processing.
- SDCPO shall inform the farmer whether the application has been approved or not by a letter.
- If approved the farmer must pay the supplier 50% of the total cost of the material and the Government pays the other 50 %.
- The farmer shall then collect the material from the supplier.
- Certified copy of valid National Identity Card (Omang).
- Landboard Certificate, Lease or Title Deed.
One (1) month.
The applicant is expected to provide 50% of the cost for materials.
Department of Crop Production
Ministry of Agricultural Development and Food Security Headquarters
Plot 4701 Mmaraka Road
3rd Floor, Office No. 301
Private Bag 00435
Tel. (+267) 3689305
E-mail. dcp [at] gov.bw
Email. moa17755 [at] gov.bw
Opening hours: 07:30 to 12:45 then 13:45 to 16:30, Monday to Friday except, public holidays.