The service offers residential property advances (RPA) to permanent & pensionable and contract citizen public officers, members of the National Assembly and Dikgosi.
The Government Employees Motor Vehicle and Residential Property Advance Scheme (GEMVAS) mortgage loan covers purchase of free hold plot, development/building a new house, house renovations, and loan transfer.
Citizens and non-citizen
- Enquire with the service consultants at GEMVAS to determine eligibility.
- Download and complete the Residential Property Advance Form and submit with supporting documents.
- Depending on the type of service required e.g. building a new house, the applicant should meet specified requirements.
- Once loan is approved, the participating Bank will disburse the funds.
For Residential Property Advance the main requirements are:
- Title deed
- Valuation report
- Valid copy of ID
- Confirmation letter of employment
- Current salary advice slip
- Letter of undertaking from attorney
- Buying property of a deceased person: the seller(s) must submit proof of the identified beneficiary if the title deed is still under the deceased person
Three (3) working days
At Poso House, 1st floor, Plot 53952, Khama Crescent, Gaborone. Tel: 3633637/607/627/605
Other GEMVAS Branches are located at Office of the Accountant General in these areas & the contacts are:
Opening Hours: 7.30 to 12.45 and 13.45 to 16.30 Monday to Thursday
Fridays 09.00am to 12.45 and 13.45 to 4.30pm, except we holidays