- To ensure that children who are beneficiaries, living in the remote areas are entitled to free transportation to and from their boarding schools to enable them to have equal access to education.
- These remote areas are determined by the challenges found in their actual location, conditions of the roads and accessibility to public transport.
Citizen and residents enrolled in a school, living in any of the 69 Settlements Qualified Under the Rural Area Development Programme could apply.
Any parent interested in accessing this service for his/her children must follow the following steps two (2)weeks prior to the beginning of the school term;
- Visit the Social and Community Development (S&CD) office in the area with supporting documents outlined below, and expressing transportation needs to the S&CD officer.
- Provide the S&CD Officer with the children's and parents` names, home address, school address, and parents` contact information.
- The S&CD Officer would later advise the parents of their children collection time and location where they are to be collected.
- Child's Birth Certificate.
- Parents' National Identification document (Omang).
Five (5) working days
Social and Community Development Offices
For more information or to access this service, please contact any of the Botswana Urban and District Council Offices, 07:30 to 16:30, Monday to Friday, except public holidays.