To improve the quality of life of Citizen residents in remote areas by providing various poverty alleviation programmes to those who are disadvantaged. These efforts are to promote resilient family units in our communities.
Any Botswana citizen who is 18 years of age or older, living in any of the 69 Settlements Qualified under the Rural Area Development Programme could apply.
- Visit the Social and Community Development Office in his or her area, with the supporting documents.
- The Social and Community Development Officer would provide the applicant with detailed information on the scheme and perform a site visit at the agreed time to assess the suitability of the applicant's premises for poverty alleviating programs.
- If the premises are not suitable, the officer would advise the applicant to select a more suitable benefits programme.
- Successful applicants are provided with technical skills and awareness, and business training, prior to receiving the programs.
- Social inquiry form (available at Botswana urban and District Council offices and filled out by the Social and Community Development Officer).
- Valid National Identity card (Omang).
Two (2) months.
Contact any of the Botswana Urban and District Council Offices,
Opening hours - 07:30 to 16:30, Monday to Friday, except public holidays.