This service provides applicants with an opportunity to be granted permanent residence status.
Non-citizens who meet the following criteria are eligible for this service.
- Resided lawfully in Botswana continuously for at least 5 years
- Be of good character
- Have made significant contributions to Botswana
- Be of good standing in the society
- Have enough means to support oneself and dependents
In order to access this service, applicants must complete the following steps.
- Go to any Immigration and Citizenship Office
- Complete Form 21
- Submit required documents (listed below), fees and completed form to the Department of Immigration and Citizenship (address provided below)
- Applicants are also allowed to track the application via phone
- A letter will be sent by post
- Come and collect your Permanent Certificate from the office where an application was made
Requirements Applicable to All
- Covering letter from the applicant
- Two copies of valid certified passport
- Two recent coloured passport size photos per applicant
- Certified marriage certificate if applicable
- Letter of support from supporter/spouse/mission
- Proof of means of support in Botswana
- Most recent month’s bank statement
- Curriculum Vitae
- Certified educational certificates of the highest level of education obtained
- Reference letter from employer
- Letter of job offer from employer
- Wages sheet of employees which indicates the duration of employment of employees
- Certified copies of identity cards for citizen employees
- Submit valid and certified copies of the following:
- Valuation of shares.
- Share certificate.
- Certificate of incorporation.
- Form 2 - List of directors.
- Current year’s financial statements.
- Title deed/lease agreement of business premise(s).
- Trading license.
- Most recent year’s tax return.
This service takes six months.
The cost associated with this service is BWP 3000.00 per applicant.