Blood Transfusion Services (BTS) is a national programme that aims to support the recruitment and retention of blood donors. The donated blood is used to save lives.
- Healthy individuals aged between 16 and 65 years.
- Weighing more than 50 kilograms (kg).
A healthy person means any individual without an ailment that could be passed on to another person through blood transfusion.
- Visit one of the donation centres and go through the screening process (hemoglobin, blood pressure & weight) and counselling.
- Participate during the National Blood Donation campaigns.
- National identity card (Omang).
- Passport for non-citizens.
- Blood Donation Centre Francistown host at Barclay Plaza, Tel No: (+267) 2402234/ 30.
- Gaborone National Blood Transfusion Centre, Old Government Gazette Building, Main Mall, Tel: (+267) 3686700/ 3901134.
- Molepolole, Scottish Livingstone Hospital.
- Mahalapye, Mahalapye District Hospital.
- Serowe, Sekgoma Memorial Hospital.
- Maun, Letsholathebe Memorial Hospital.
Ministry of Health and Wellness
Department of Health Services Management
Blood Transfusion Services
Old Government Gazette Building
Plot 1181/2, Main Mall
Private Bag 0057
Opening hours: 07:30 to 16:30, Monday – Friday, except for public holidays. Open during lunch hour 12:45 – 13:45 weekdays.