- Coordination of the National Transformational Strategy
- Coordination of Implementation of Government projects and programmes.
- Monitoring and Evaluation of Government projects and programmes.
- Coordination of Botswana Honours & Awards and National Emblems.
- Secretarial services to Cabinet and monitoring implementation of Cabinet decisions.
- Administrative and technical support services to the Presidency.
- Management and dissemination of information through broadcast, print media and other media.
- Botswana Government Communications and Information System (BGCIS)
- Coordinating Office for People with Disabilities
- National Disaster Management Office
- Department of Broadcasting Services
- Department of Information Services
- Government Printing and Publishing Services
- District Administration
- National Assembly
- Directorate of Intelligence and Security Services
- Directorate on Corruption and Economic Crime
- Office of the Auditor General
- Independent Electoral Commission
- Public Service Commission
- National Broadcasting Board
- Ethics and Integrity Directorate
- National Aids& Health Promotion Agency
Botswana Government Communications and Information System (BGCIS)
- To ensure that Government is visible and accessible.
- To provide the public with accurate, timely, clear and relevant information about Government policies, programmes, services and initiatives.
- To use a variety of new and traditional methods to communicate, and to provide information in multiple formats that meets the needs of all citizens.
- To routinely identify and address communication needs and issues in the development , implementation and evaluation of Government policies, programmes, services and initiatives.
- To foster an approach of cooperation and collaboration between and amongst Government Ministries and Departments.
National Disability Coordinating Office
- To coordinate the implementation of national policies, strategies and programmes aimed at the empowerment and wellbeing people with disabilities.
- To monitor and evaluate national policies, strategies and programmes aimed at the empowerment and wellbeing people with disabilities.
- To mainstream disability issues into all sectors policies and programmes.
- To ensure active involvement and participation of people with disabilities in policy processes, i.e. Formulation, implementation, review, monitoring and evaluation.
- To ensure the effectiveness of national structures dealing with disability issues. To mobilise resources for the implementation of policies and programmes aimed at addressing disability issues.
Directorate of Public Service Management(DPSM)
Following decentralization of some Human Resource functions to Ministries/Departments, the Directorate of Public Service Management remained with the responsibility to formulate human resource policy, guide implementation of policies, monitor and evaluate policies and oversee the following matters:
- Administration of terms and conditions of service
- Public service establishment;
- Human resource audits;
- Staff performance appraisals and service level agreements;
- Salary administration and grading of jobs;
- Public service training policy;
- Discipline, staff training;
- Wellness and safety;
- Localization and staff development programmes;
- Process enhancement and organization and methods;
- The approval of employees career paths;
- Human resource information system management;
- Job evaluation;
- Human resource reforms management;
- Vacancy management;
- Determination of public service competencies;
- Coordination of collective bargaining
- Leadership Development
- Management of the Executive Cadre
- Corporate Services
National Disaster Management Office
- To prepare and update the National disaster risk management plans and guidelines.
- To formulate standard operating procedures for emergency response and management.
- To provide early warning of an approaching disaster and predictions of its possible effects on the country, the population and their livelihoods.
- To maintain a comprehensive Disaster Management Information system.
- To hold in readiness a series of preparedness or contingency plans, for specific hazards such as floods, wildland fires.
- To maintain strategic reserves of essential commodities and equipment at national and district levels.
- To maintain an up to date inventory of all available resources, institutional facilities and equipment that can be called upon to respond to disasters.
- To formulate and implement, in partnership with training and academic institutions programmes in disaster management education, training and public awareness.
Department of Broadcasting Services
To provide news, current affairs, information and entertainment through Radio Botswana (RB), RB2 and Botswana Television (BTV).
RADIO BOTSWANA FREQUENCIES (LINK)
Department of Information Services
- To establish, facilitate and share information on government programmes, policies and initiatives.
- To provide reliable and comprehensive news coverage through newspaper (DailyNews) and magazine (Kutlwano)
- The DailyNews is published from Monday to Friday and accessible online at www.dailynews.gov.bw.
Government Printing and Publishing Services
- Provides printing services to all government ministries and departments.
- Provides Stationery Services – by producing standard documents such as patient cards, application for leave forms, file covers and standard forms used across Government Departments.
- Supports dissemination of Government information through distribution of the Government Gazette which contains messages of legal, administrative and general nature.
- Facilitate the Attorney General and National Assembly in the process of making laws. Also responsible for publishing of these laws and their distribution through our outlets around the country.
- District development planning, coordination and administration of Central Government projects/ programmes.
- Monitoring and evaluation of policies, statutes and guidelines.
- Mediation between married couples