The Ministry of Mineral Resources, Green Technology and Energy Security (MMGE) will be a global leader in the provision of services in the mineral and energy sectors for national prosperity
- Department of Corporate Services
- Department of Mines
- Department of Energy
- Mineral Affairs Division
- Diamond Hub
- Projects & Energy Development Unit
- To support the delivery of the Ministry’s core mandate
- To instill an organizational culture of excellence
- To provide quality support services by efficiently and effectively managing its resources and adhering to best management practices.
Department of Mines
- Is to ensure that mineral resources are prospected, developed and exploited in a sustainable manner.
- To enhance socio-economic, financial and other benefits to Botswana arising from the exploitation of mineral resources.
- monitors compliance with all the relevant legislation pertaining to prospecting and mining activities.
Department of Energy
- Is the lead policy-making authority of Government on all matters of energy supply and demand management.
- To formulate and coordinate national energy policy and programmes.
- To facilitate the availability of effective, reliable and affordable energy services to customers in an environmentally sustainable manner.
Mineral Affairs Division;
- Is the lead policy-making authority of Government on all matters of mining and mineral sector development.
- It is responsible for the formulation, implementation and monitoring of policies for the mining and minerals sector, and sub-sectors.
- The division gathers market intelligence and promotes investment on minerals.
- Coordinate the development of diamond beneficiation industries.
- Administer the implementation of Kimberly Process requirements.
- Provide business development services and regulate diamond beneficiation operations.
List of Parastals;
- Botswana Power Corporation (BPC) www.bpc.bw
- Botswana Energy Regulatory Authority (BERA) www.bera.co.bw
- Botswana Oil Limited (BOL) www.botswanaoil.co.bw
- Botswana Geoscience Institute (BGI) www.bgi.org.bw
- Minerals Development Company Botswana (MDCB)
- Okavango Diamond Company (ODC)
Ministry of Mineral Resources, Green Technology and Energy Security
Private Bag 0018
Fairground Office Park
Plot 50676, Block C
Fax: (+267) 3167695
Toll free number: 0800600235
Opening Hours: 07:30 to 12:45 and 13:45 to 16:30 Monday to Friday, except public holidays