Skip to main content

Permit to Carry Explosives in Bulk


To ensure lawful, safe and secure conveyance of explosives in Botswana.

Who is eligible?

Citizens and Non-Citizens.

How do I get this service?
  • Modify the vehicle as per the Explosives Act Cap 24:02 and provided checklist for Permit to carry explosives in bulk.
  • Submit vehicle registration book.
  • Submit completed application letter for inspection of the vehicle.
What supporting documents are required?
  • Application letter.
  • Vehicle registration book.
How long will this service take?

5 working days from the date of inspection.

How much does it cost?


Where can I obtain this service?


Department of Mines

Ministry of Education building floor 4

P/Bag 0049




Government Enclave, Block 6

Khama Crescent

Tel. (+267) 365 7000

Fax. (+267) 395 2141

Email: mines [at]

Opening hours: 7:30 to 12:45 and 13:45 to 16:30, Monday to Friday, except public holidays

Where can I get more information on this Service


Department of Mines

P/Bag F0081




Plot 1280, Government Camp

Tel. (+267) 245 0200

Fax. (+267) 240 6004

Email: mines [at]

Give Us Feedback