Skip to main content

Application for Restricted Blasting Licence


Restricted Blasting Licence is issued to an individual to conduct blasting operations outside the mine/quarry in Botswana.

Who is eligible?

Restricted Blasting Licence holder (Citizens/non-citizens).

How do I get this service?

Download, complete the Application for Restricted Blasting Licence and the additional information form and submit with supporting documents.

What supporting documents are required?
  • Form L in the First Schedule of Explosives Act
  • One copy of certified National Identity card (Omang)
  • Two passport sized photographs with white background
  • Police clearance certificate
How long will this service take?

Thirty (30) days.

How much does it cost?

BWP 0.50

Where can I obtain this service?


Department of Mines

Government Enclave, Block 6, Khama Crescent

(Ministry of Basic Education building)

P/Bag 0049




Tel. (+267) 365 7000

Fax. (+267) 395 2141

Email: mines [at]

Opening hours: 7:30 to 12:45 and 13:45 to 16:30, Monday to Friday, except public holidays

Where can I get more information on this Service

Department of Mines

P/Bag F0081




Plot 1280, Government Camp

Tel. (+267) 245 0200

Fax. (+267) 240 6004

 Email: mines [at]



Give Us Feedback