Skip to main content

Transboundary Movement Of Waste Permit


It is a permit that outlines guidelines and regulations that guides the public and businesses alike when working, managing or transporting hazardous waste.

Who is eligible?

Citizens and non-citizens Business.

How do I get this service?

Download, complete and submit Transboundary permit form to the Department of Waste Management and Pollution control.

What supporting documents are required?
  • Service agreement with disposer from importing country (Written agreement between the waste generator and waste recipient)
  • Liability insurance from a local insurance company
  • Motivational letter by the applicant stating reasons for export
  • Certificate /licenses of the receiving disposal facility
  • Material Safety Data Sheet
How long will this service take?

Fifteen (15) working days.

How much does it cost?

BWP 1000.00 licensing fee (charged per vehicle).

Where can I get more information on this Service


Telephone number

Fax number


+267 371 6800

 +267 390 9953           


+267 241 2885

 +267 241 7355

Selebi Phikwe

+267 261 0680

+267 260 1066


+267 680 1244

+267 680 1246

Opening hours: 0730hrs to 1245hrs and 1345hrs to 1530hrs except public holidays.        

Give Us Feedback