This programme is offered to citizens and non-citizens through Brigades and four Technical Colleges (Maun, Jwaneng, Palapye and Selebi-Phikwe Technical Colleges). These institutions offer vocational training courses up to certificate level (National Craft Certificate). These trades include:
- Architectural Draughting
- Auto Mechanics
- Borehole Mechanics
- Bricklaying and Plastering
- Carpentry and Joinery
- Dress Making
- Electrical Installation
- Livestock Farming
- Machine Fitting
- Painting and Decoration
- Panel Beating and Spray Painting
- Plumbing and Pipe Fitting
- Refrigeration and Air Conditioning
- Welding and Fabrication
- Citizens and non-citizens
- 16 years and above
- Minimum educational requirements: Junior Certificate/BGCSE
- Special Education Needs inclusive
- Download and complete the Apprenticeship Training form and submit with supporting documents to the nearest office (upon advertisement).
- Attach the required documents (listed below) and submit the form to the Institutions of choice by post or hand delivery.
- Certified copy of National identity card (Omang for citizens)
- Certified copy of passport (for non-citizens)
- Relevant educational certificates
Upon completion of the application process.
Ministry of Employment, Labour Productivity and Skills Development
Department of Skills Development
Private Bag 0062, Plot 18006
Tel. (+267) 373 2700
Fax. (+267) 00267/ 397 5653
Email: melsdpr [at] gov.bw
Opening hours: 7:30 to 12:45 and 13:45 to 16:30, Monday to Friday, except public holidays.