Skip to main content

Teaching Permit Application


Any individual (citizens and non-citizens) who would like to be employed to teach at a private school in Botswana is required to hold a Teaching Permit.

Who is eligible?

All citizen and non-citizen graduates of colleges or universities, holding relevant teaching qualifications. 

How do I get this service?

Submit completed application and associated documents to the nearest Regional Education Office.

What supporting documents are required?
  • 3 copies of Permission to Teach Application form (PVTS I)
  • 3 current passport size photos attached to each form
  • Cover letter to application  
  • Academic certificate(s) - certified and interpreted where applicable  
  • Certified copy of academic transcripts  
  • Certified copy of Passport (bio-data page) or certified copy of Omang  
  • 2 current relevant references      
  • Certified copy of any name change document (e.g. marriage certificate)  
  • Previous permit where applicable
How long will this service take?

 Three (3) months

How much does it cost?

No cost required

Where can I obtain this service?

Regional Education Offices

Where can I get more information on this Service

Regional Education Offices

Opening hours: 07:30 to 16:30, Monday to Friday, except public holidays.

Ministry Contact Centre, by calling 16885 on Monday to Friday 


Toll-free number :0800 600 678

Give Us Feedback