Any individual (citizens and non-citizens) who would like to be employed to teach at a private school in Botswana is required to hold a Teaching Permit.
All citizen and non-citizen graduates of colleges or universities, holding relevant teaching qualifications.
Submit completed application and associated documents to the nearest Regional Education Office.
- 3 copies of Permission to Teach Application form (PVTS I)
- 3 current passport size photos attached to each form
- Cover letter to application
- Academic certificate(s) - certified and interpreted where applicable
- Certified copy of academic transcripts
- Certified copy of Passport (bio-data page) or certified copy of Omang
- 2 current relevant references
- Certified copy of any name change document (e.g. marriage certificate)
- Previous permit where applicable
Three (3) months
No cost required
Regional Education Offices