The research permit is a permission granted in the form of a written document to any individual or group of people who wish to conduct research in the area related to the mandate of the Ministry.
All citizens and non-citizens with a valid visa are eligible for this service.
In order to access this service, applicants must complete the following steps.
- Apply for a research permit indicating the duration required
- Submit to the Ministry for assessment
- Outcome will be sent by mail
Note: Do not start the research before the research permit is issued.
- Letter of endorsement from the applicant's sponsoring institution and/or funding agency
- Detailed curriculum vitae of applicant
- Non-citizens are required under the Immigration Act to obtain a temporary residence permit prior to arrival in Botswana
Approximately one (1) month to complete.
There are no costs.
Ministry of Nationality, Immigration and Gender Affairs
Public Relations Unit
Head Office, Block 8, Government Enclave
Private Bag 002
Toll free Number: 0800 600 777
Opening hours: 7:30 to 12:45, and 13:45 to 16:30, Monday to Friday, except public holidays.