Parents/guardians wishing to register their child(ren) for standard one in a public school in Botswana may do so by visiting the nearest primary school. Children who will be six years of age by June of their standard one academic year are welcome to enroll. The academic year in Botswana starts in January. All standard one registrations are done at primary schools across the country.
All citizens and non-citizens of Botswana of appropriate age.
Visit nearest primary school in your location. Check the schools for admission dates from May in the year prior to expected admission.
Citizens must bring the following documents:
- Parents/Guardians are required to produce National Identity Card (Omang).
- Certified copies of student’s birth certificate.
Non-Citizens must bring the following documents:
- Child's birth certificate.
- Certified copies of passport pages showing identification details and validity period (learner and parent/guardian).
- Parent/Guardian’s resident permit.
- Adoption documents (where applicable).
Same day service.
There is no charge for this service.
Primary schools countrywide.