Once granted land under customary grant, there is provision to convert such to common law grant. The grantee will be issued with a legal agreement of lease to confirm their right of occupancy for a specific period of time. The length of the lease is 99 years.
- Attained age of majority
To apply for a Memorandum of Agreement of Lease follow the steps below:
- Complete the Application for Customary Land Rights Form
- Copy of Marriage Certificate (if applicable)
- Copy of Instrument signed under Married Persons Property Act (proof of Marriage regime if married and Affidavit if not married)
- Certified copy of National Identification card (Omang)
- Original (Customary) Plot Certificate
- P150 for preparation of a sketch plan
- P10 Application fee
- P100 lease preparation (business/Agricultural plot)
- P60 once off payment in case of a residential plot
For more information, please contact any of the Ministry of Land Management, Water and Sanitation Services Headquarters (Customer Service) or any Land Boards from the Land Boards and their Subordinate Land Boards listing document or call the Ministry of Land Management, Water and Sanitation Services.
Toll Free Number 0800 600 737 .
Opening hours are from 07:30 to 12:45 and 13:45 to 16:30, Monday to Friday, except public holidays.