Skip to main content

Application for Change of Land Use


This is a process of changing the use of land granted by Land Board to a different use. One can change from single residential to multi residential and/or business plot such as commercial, industrial etc. arable fields can also be changed to commercial such as integrated farming, feedlot etc’

Who is eligible?

Plot holders

How do I get this service?

Complete Application for Customary Land Rights Form or Application for Common Land Rights Form (Customary/common law depending on the intended use).

What supporting documents are required?
  • No outstanding lease rentals for common law plots
  • Certified and valid copy of Omang/ID
  • Copy of marriage certificate (if not married Affidavit confirming marital status for business plots)
  • Copy of Instrument signed under Married Persons Property Act (Marriage In/Out of community of property)
How long will this service take?

1 month

How much does it cost?
  • P150 for preparation of a sketch plan
  • P10 Application fee
  • P100 lease preparation (business/Agricultural plot)
Where can I get more information on this Service

For more information please contact the Land Board or Sub Land Board within the area of jurisdiction.

Opening hours are from 07:30 to 12:45 and 13:45 to 16:30, Monday to Friday, except public holidays. 

Give Us Feedback