Section 6 (1) of the Trade and Employers' Organization Act, explains that every Federation of Trade Unions formed in Botswana, shall within twenty-eight (28) days immediately after its formation, apply to the Registrar of Trade Unions and Employers Organization for registration as a trade union.
Registered Trade Unions
Download, complete the Registration of Federation of Trade Unions form and submit with supporting documents to the office of the Registrar of Trade Unions and Employers Organizations.
- Three original copies of the Federation’s constitution
- A copy of resolution of formation
- A list of full names of all members of the Federation’s
- A list of full names of executive officers
- A written statement detailing the following:
- Name of the Federation
- Postal address and location of its office
- Date of its formation
- Titles, full names, ages, occupations, and postal and residential addresses of the officers who signed the application
- Minutes of resolution to form a Federation
Sixty (60) working days
- BWP 10.00 fee for registration
- BWP 1.00 per word for constitution amendment
- BWP 1.00 change of officers
Department of Labour and Social Security
Block 8, Government Enclave
Private Bag 0072
Telephone. (+267) 3732772
Opening hours: 7:30 am to 12:45 and 13:45 to 16:30, Monday to Friday, except public holidays.