The Department of Protocol and Consular Services in the Ministry of International Affairs and Cooperation (MIAC) facilitates the accreditation of all members of the Diplomatic community, which include Diplomatic Missions and International Organisations, to enable them to carry out their mandate in Botswana.
All members of the Diplomatic Community, which include Diplomatic Missions and International Organisations.
Notification of the Department
- Diplomatic missions and international organizations are required to notify the Department of Protocol and Consular Services of any new arrivals and departures of all Diplomatic agents as well as their families and private servants through a Note Verbale accompanied by a Diplomat Notification Form.
Application for Diplomatic Identity Card
- A Note Verbale accompanied by an application form EA 40/10 C1 should be submitted to the Department of Protocol and Consular Services, with 2 colored passport size photos.
Application for Exemption Certificates/ Residence Permits
- Family members that include spouses and children under the age of 18 are issued with Exemption Certificates/ Residence Permits. In addition to a Note Verbale, a completed application Form3A and Form 15 respectively, copy of passport and two passport sized photographs should be attached. The application for an Exemption Certificate for spouses and children below 18 years of age shall also be accompanied by a copy of a marriage certificate, adoption and birth certificate.
- Note Verbale from relevant Diplomatic Mission or International organisation informing of arrival of new Diplomat, and departure of existing Diplomat.
- Copy of passport, marriage certificate, adoption or birth certificate
2 working days.