The arts and culture grant offers financial assistance towards the development of the Arts and Culture sector. The aim of the grant is to empower artists, cultural practitioners and organisations to contribute towards economic diversification through the establishment of the creative industries. The limit for small grants is P50 000 while for large grants is P250 000.
Key areas include;
- Capacity building workshops, seminars and training.
- Entertainment covers shows, performances, music, comedy, poetry, theatre, drama and edutainment.
- Literary works cover activities around content creation, presentation and promotion of literary works, book production, translation/adaptations, discussions based on written works, writers/readers competitions
- Hosting and curating exhibitions
- Hosting fashion shows
- Public arts which includes production of sculptures and murals in public places
- Cultural practitioners
- Cultural organisations
- Registered organisations which comply with appropriate registration authority
- Unregistered Community groups/Committees must have Village Development Committee support
- Download, complete and submit the required MYSC Grants Form to the MYSC District Office.
- Access forms from the MYSC District Offices.
- Quotations for services/ equipment
- A certified copy of National Identity Card (Omang)
- Valid Registration Certificate
- Proof of compliance in submission of Tax Returns
- VAT Clearance/ Exemption Certificate as applicable
The application process takes two (2) months.
MYSC Headquarters and District offices.
Ministry of Youth Empowerment, Sport and Culture Development
Y2K Building – Central Business District
Private Bag 00514,
Tel. (+267) 3682600
Fax. (+267) 3913473
Toll Free No. 0800 600 883
Facebook Page: Myscbw
Twitter Page: @myscbw
Instagram Page: myscbw
Email: mycontactzone [at] gov.bw
Opening hours: 07:30 to 12:45 and 13:45 to 16:30 Monday to Friday except Saturdays and Public Holidays.