- The Recruit Privates Basic Military Training cycle is six (6) months
- Recruitment is done annually
Who is eligible?
- Botswana citizens
- Aged between 18 and 24 years. On exceptional cases, age may be waived to recruit someone who is already holding a profession e.g. Medical Doctor
- Potential Candidates should possess BGCSE or Equivalent with a minimum of 24 Points. Any other qualification to a maximum of Diploma or its Equivalent is an added advantage
- Candidate should possess a valid National Identity Card (Omang) or show valid proof of registration
- Candidates should be physically and mentally fit in accordance with the BDF Recruitment Medical Standards
- Minimum height of 165 cm for Males and 160 cm for Females
- Minimum body weight of 55 Kg for Males and 45 Kg for Females
- All candidates undergo the selection process, which include both physical fitness assessment and comprehensive medical examination
- Female candidates must not be pregnant
How do I get this service?
Vacancies are advertised or published in newspapers
What supporting documents are required?
- Certified proof of qualification
- Valid National Identity Card (Omang)
How long will this service take?
The selection process takes 5 to 6 weeks
How much does it cost?
Where can I obtain this service?
Sir Seretse Khama Barracks, BDF HQ, Mogoditshane
Where can I get more information on this Service
The Directorate of Protocol and Public Affairs
Botswana Defence Force
Sir Seretse Khama Barracks
Private Bag X06
Tel. (+267) 3662802/3662157/3662089