The program offers unemployed citizen graduates a chance to develop work skills and experience that will support them in the transition from school-life/academia to the working environment through attachments in various organisations in Botswana. Placement is done for a maximum period of two (2) years by the Department of National Service and Internship which matches the applicant’s credentials to available job profiles requested by host organisations. Selection is done on a first come basis by considering the available vacancy, qualification and place of service.
College or university graduate citizens under the age of thirty five(35)
- Complete and submit the National Service and Internship Application Form with supporting documents at any National Internship Office or Ministry of Youth, Sport and Culture (MYSC) District Offices
- Receive acknowledgement letter with a reference number for future enquiries
- The applicant will receive a telephone call once placement is secured by the Department of National Service and Internship
- Graduates express intention to enroll through an Application Form
- Government departments, Parastatals, Non-Governmental Organisations (NGO)s and CBOs express intention to enroll graduates through a Request Form
- Graduate participants can transfer once after three (3) months by filling a Transfer Form
- Graduate participants are eligible for monthly allowance by submitting a Confirmation Form
- Graduate participants can choose to exit the programme before end of two years for various reasons by filling an Exit Form.
- Graduate participants can opt for reinstatement by filling a Reinstatement Form
- Graduate participants' performance is monitored through a Workplan Form
- A certified copy of National Identity Card (Omang)
- A certified copy of academic qualifications
- Curriculum Vitae
- Academic/ Professional References
Thirty (30) working days depending on availability.
MYSC Headquarters and District offices
MYSC District Offices
Opening hours: 07:30 to 12:45 and 13:45 to 1630 Monday to Friday except Public Holidays.