The National Service Programme (Tirelo Sechaba) is responsible for creation of opportunities for unemployed young people to be able to gain skills and experience across various industries and business sectors. These opportunities not only benefit the youth but also contribute to the economic development of their communities. Selected applicants will be placed as volunteers in different Government Departments, Non-Governmental Organisations (NGO’s), public and parastatal sector institutions for a maximum period of ten (10) years.
- Graduates express intention to enrol through an Application Form
- Government departments, Parastatals, NGOs and Community Based Organisations (CBOs) express intention to enrol graduates through a Request Form
- Graduate participants can transfer once after three (3) months by filling a Transfer Form
- Graduate participants are eligible for monthly allowance by submitting a Confirmation Form
- Graduate participants can choose to exit the programme before end of two years for various reasons by filling an Exit Form
- Graduate participants can opt for reinstatement by filling a Reinstatement Form
- Graduate participants' performance is monitored through a Workplan Form
- Unemployed and out of school citizens
- Age ranging between 20-30 years without tertiary education qualifications
- Download, complete and submit the National Service Program Application Form to the nearest MYSC District Office with supporting documents.
- The applicant will be contacted by Mail.
- A certified copy of National Identity Card (Omang)
- A certified copy of academic qualifications
- Curriculum Vitae
- References (Professional or Academic)
Thirty (30) working days depending on availability.
MYSC Headquarters and District offices.
Ministry of Youth Empowerment, Sport and Culture Development Offices.