The President’s Day Competitions is an annual programme administered by the Ministry of Youth Empowerment, Sport and Culture Development (MYSC) together with different Arts Associations. The Competitions are in support of the Visual Arts (fashion, pottery, painting, graphic design, photography and sculpting) and Performing Arts (theatre, poetry, comedy, different traditional dances and contemporary music). It has become a pinnacle of heritage month and a platform for showcasing the cultural diversity that this country prides itself in. Not only does the nation celebrate its heritage, but also gives artists an opportunity to be rewarded for their talent and contributing to the enhancement of Botswana's cultural diversity. The Competitions are aimed at:
• Intensifying the spirit of nationhood (Unity) through celebration of Botswana Arts and Culture
• Helping artists realise their full potential in contributing towards the economy and economic diversification
- The Ministry issues out a registration notice in February of each year
- Regional competitions commence in April
- National Finals held in Gaborone every July and Awards Ceremony held thereafter
- Botswana citizens aged 18 and above
- Individual artists
- Registered and unregistered groups
- Registration commences from the 1st February to the last day of the same month annually.
- Download the form, complete and submit the registration form at the MYSC office in the region you wish to compete.
- List of participants
- Registration certificate (if registered)
- Certified ID copies of participants
Four (4) months
MYSC Head office and District Offices