The Ministry of International Affairs and Cooperation facilitates applications by Batswana residing outside the country in diaspora through provision of access to services provided by other line Ministries.
These include facilitating applications for / renewal of Omang; National Passport; birth and death certificates; validation of driver’s licences; and the repatriation of deceased persons to Botswana.
The Ministry also assists foreign nationals who are former residents of the Republic of Botswana with issuance of police clearances certificates.
- Batswana in diaspora
- Citizens on international travel
- Foreign nationals who are former residents in Botswana
- Contact the nearest diplomatic mission, or the Ministry of International Affairs and Cooperation
- Fill in the required forms.
- Provide required documentation.
- Birth Certificate (letter from chief in absence of Birth Certificate, and hospital notification of birth)
- Death certificate
- Copy of expired or lost National Identification card (Omang)
- Copy of expired or lost National passport
- Hospital notification of birth
- Drivers Licence
- Police clearance certificate
Ten (10) working days
Varies depending on the service
Department of Immigration and Citizenship and Botswana Police or
Department of Protocol and Consular Services
Ministry of International Affairs and Cooperation
Private Bag 00368
Tel: (+267) 3600700
Fax: (+267) 3973067
Opening hours: 07:30 to 12:45 and 13:45 to 16:30, Monday to Friday except, public holidays