This application gives Batswana citizens who have adopted children of foreign nationals a chance to register their adopted children as citizens of Botswana.
- The applicant must be a Motswana and must have an adopted child who is over three(3) years old.
- The child must be legally adopted and must have a valid residence permit in Botswana.
- The adopted child must be registered before the age of twenty one(21) years old.
In order to access this service, applicants must complete the following steps.
- Complete and submit Form C “Application for registration as Citizen of Botswana of Adopted Child over three(3) years old” to an Immigration Office along with required documents and fees listed below.
- After the application is received, the office will send a letter to the applicant to come to Immigration Offices to collect the outcome.
- Check the outcome of your application through the office where the application was made.
- Get your outcome from the Office (A certificate of registration will be issued to you).
- Two passport sized photographs.
- Copy of adoption certificate.
- Proof of parents' citizenship status e.g. copy of a valid National Identity card (Omang).
- Police report forms for children over sixteen(16) years old.
- Copy of adoptive parents' marriage certificate if parents are married.
- Copy of a valid residence permit.
- All copies should be certified.
Approximately one(1) month.
The cost is BWP 50.00