This service assists farmers with the purchase of fodder processors, to build fodder barns, to construct kraals, crushes and loading ramps. This is a package under the Livestock Management and Infrastructure Development-LIMID Programme which is a Government programme aimed at improving livestock management.
- Citizens 18 years and above.
- Own livestock - either cattle or small stock (sheep and goats).
- Download and complete the LIMID 1 - Animal Husbandry and Fodder Support Application Form .
- Submit the completed form with the supporting documentation to the nearest District Animal Production Office.
- After registration, an animal production officer will contact the applicant with details related to the status of his application.
- Certified copy of Cattle Brand Certificate.
- Certified copy of valid National Identity Card (Omang).
- Quotations for the items required.
- Those who apply as syndicates should provide certified copy of constitution.
A group (2-4 members) should provide a completed partnership agreement.
One (1) working day.
Note: The beneficiary is expected to have completed a project within six (6) months after the approval of the project.
At the nearest District Animal Production Office.
Opening hours are from 07:30 to 12:45 then 13:45 to 16:30, Monday to Friday, except public holiday.
Department of Animal Production
Plot 4701, Mmaraka Road
Private Bag 0032
Tel. (+267) 3689625
Fax. (+267) 3951120
Call Centre: 17755
Email. moa17755 [at] gov.bw