The automated prepaid card ‘Pula Card’ is meant to cater for the unbanked Batswana especially beneficiaries of ISPAAD, LIMID, student allowances, travel allowances. This is targeting rural areas beneficiaries who do not have access to the traditional banking facilities.
The service has been outsourced from banking institutions. The Pula cards can be issued instantly, while other category of cards such as personalised embossed are ordered.
Why Pula card?
- It is a new payment solution that aims to achieve financial inclusion.The goal is for the Government to grow the private sector.
- Improve service delivery to the unbanked.
- Providing the fastest growing payment solution for organisations worldwide.
- A type of bank card that is pre-loaded with specific funds.
Who is eligible?
Unbanked Batswana beneficiaries of various Gorvenment programs
What supporting documents are required?
- Certified copy of valid National Identity Card (Omang)
- Proof of residence (Affidavit, confirmation letter from employer or any bill registered by the applicant’s name)
How long will this service take?
Five (5) working days