This service is meant to assist farmers in developing comprehensive business plans. The provision of this service empowers farmers with business planning skills. When completed, the farmer submits a business plan to funding institutions or keeps it safe for future reference.
Who is eligible?
Citizens & non-citizens.
How do I get this service?
- Visit the nearest District Agribusiness Promotion Offices for guidance on the development of the business plan.
- Develop and submit the business plan.
What supporting documents are required?
- A valid National Identity Card (Omang) for citizens (certified copy)
- A valid Residence Work Permit for non-citizens(certified copy)
- Land Right Certificate (for leased or allocated by Land-Board authorities) (certified copy)
- Proof of Land Lease Agreement for Land signed by both parties (if leasing) (certified copy)
- Proof of Water Right Certificate from Water Apportionment Board (if applicable to the intended project) (certified copy)
- A Land Suitability Assessment report by relevant departments(certified copy)
- Relevant documents (including management C.V.’s for the employees of the project) if it is a start-up project
- Past project performance accounts (includes inventory and value of assets) if it is for an expansion or resuscitation and;
- Proof of Finance from potential financer
How long will this service take?
Approximately two (2) weeks depending on how quickly relevant documents are submitted.
How much does it cost?
Where can I get more information on this Service
Ministry of Agricultural Development and Food Security
Department of Agribusiness Promotion
Division of Farm Management
Private Bag 00298
Tel: (+267) 368 9706/(+267) 3689709
Fax: (+267) 3689893
Email. moa17755 [at] gov.bw
Opening hours: 07:30 to 12:45 then 13:45 to 16:30, Monday to Friday, except public holidays.